Supporting Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Summary Results of a Survey of State Flex Coordinators
COVID-19, rural, Critical Access Hospitals, survey, MRHRC, Flex Program
This policy brief summarizes key findings from a survey of State Flex Programs conducted by the Flex Monitoring Team staff at the University of Southern Maine. The survey collected information on:
- The impact of COVID-19 on Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs);
- Support requested by CAHs from State Flex Programs;
- How State Flex Programs are working to support CAHs during the pandemic;
- Promising strategies develop by State Flex Programs to support CAHs; and
- The technical assistance and resources needed by State Flex Programs to support CAHs now and as we emerge from the pandemic.
State Flex Programs have played an important role in addressing the evolving COVID-19 needs of their CAHs and will continue to do so as we emerge from the pandemic. The brief contains a link to a list of COVID-19 related resources for State Flex Programs, CAHs, and rural communities available on the FMT website.
FMI: Please contact John Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to request a copy of the full survey results.
pandemic, survey, rural hospitals
Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP), Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
PHS Grant No. U27RH01080
Gale J, Croll Z, Jonk Y, Kahn-Troster S, Pearson K. Supporting CAHs during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Summary Results of a Survey of State Flex Coordinators. University of Southern Maine, Flex Monitoring Team;2020. Policy Brief #54.