Thinking Matters 2021
Both graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to participate and present their research as posters or oral sessions.
This year's Thinking Matters will be hosted by the USM Digital Commons, a web-based, open-access institutional repository that is managed by USM Libraries. By utilizing Digital Commons:
- Published presentations provide students with a permanent URL that can be used in their professional resumes or CVs
- Greater public exposure to the range of research that is being done at our university
- The work is digitally archived
- Presentations are available as examples for future students
Key dates to remember:
- Friday, February 5, 2021 – Digital Commons accepting abstract proposals USM Digital Commons: How to Submit Presentations and How to Revise Submissions (PDF)
- Extended to: Monday, March 1, 2021 – Last day abstract proposals due in Digital Commons
- Extended to: Wednesday, March 8, 2021 – Abstracts will be reviewed and provided feedback/approval. After abstracts are approved, upload presentations to the USM Digital Commons.
- Sunday, April 18 (by midnight) – All poster and oral presentations materials uploaded
- Friday, April 30 – Presentations go live in the USM Digital Commons
- Event Date: April 30, 2021