Download Full Text (25.2 MB)
This report is organized to
- present the resource and scope of the problem,
- review the existing laws,
- discuss the options of site monitoring or stewardship and how they are practiced currently in Maine and elsewhere,
- present our discussions with law enforcement, and
- make recommendations to the Legislature.
Maine Historic Preservation Commission
H 69.10:Pr 967
Spiess, Arthur and Soctomah, Donald, "LD 1028 - Protection of Indian Archaeological Sites: Report to the Standing Committee on Appropriations and Financial Affairs" (2000). Maine Historic Preservation Commission. 4.
Creative Commons License
This work has been identified with a Creative Commons Public Domain Mark 1.0.