Building on work to date and research that underscores the need for an integrated, cross systems continuum of care, The Maine Youth Road Map Project will provide policymakers and communities with a roadmap that will:
• Examine how youth outcomes are shaped by structural place based factors across Maine’s sixteen counties and local communities.
• Identify specific system populations and places for equitable investments to improve outcomes.
• Propose a data informed community based continuum of care.
• Engage with and amplify voices of Maine communities.
• Create direct education and employment opportunities for directly impacted older youth.
• Recommend policy, program, and systems change strategies to strengthen economic and social wellbeing for Maine youth and communities.
Sanchez, Mara MPPM and King, Erica MSW, "Place Matters Roadmap Project [Summary]" (2019). Maine Statistical Analysis Center. 22.