Download Item (82.0 MB)
Ste. Cecilia’s Band was founded in 1897 by the Dominican Lay Brother Aymon under the auspices of L’Association St Dominique. As a boys band, members were accepted from the ages of seven. The band produced many accomplished musicians who went to perform locally with the Dominican Band as well as pursuing professional music careers. In 1947, the band became the Montagnard Band.
First row, L to R: Charles Dube, Victor Vaillancourt, Osias Gagnon, Josaphat Morin, Albert Christman, Elmo Tremblay, J. Dauphin, Eudene Bazinet.
Second row, L to R: M. Cailler, Armand Poliquin, Charles Gagne, Lucien Lebel, Eustache N. Giguere (later Dr. Giguere), le Frere Aymond (founder), Herve Jacques, M. Firois, Eugene Poliquin, Dominique Fortier
Third row, L to R: Albert Barriault, Fernand Despins, W. Belanger, J.B. Nadeau, Amedee Morel, Adrien Fournier, John Plourde.
Franco-American Collection, music, music traditions
Arts and Humanities | History | Music | Public History
Franco-American Music Traditions Collection, Franco-American Collection, University of Southern Maine Libraries.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.