Critical Access Hospitals, Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program, Rural Health Care Plans
A logic modeling toolkit developed by the Flex Monitoring Team is available for use by state Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Programs (Flex Programs) in planning for and managing their Flex programs. The use of the Program Logic Model (PLM) Toolkit will provide states with a tool to assist in:
Planning, managing, reporting on, and assessing their Flex Program goals, activities, and accomplishments;
- Developing buy-in among key Flex Program stakeholders;
- Clarifying the underlying program assumptions;
- Identifying and defining measurable outcomes;
- Linking state-level Flex Program strategies and activities to specific and measurable outcomes; and
- Reporting program results to both internal and external stakeholders.
The PLM Toolkit is organized according to the steps in the PLM development process and guides the user through each section. Included in the Toolkit is an overview of PLMs, their component parts, and the application of the PLM framework to the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Flex Program. The bulk of the Toolkit provides a step-by-step approach to developing a Program Logic Model. The final section of the Toolkit lists resources for additional information on PLMs.
Funding Organization or Grant
Office of Rural Health Policy (PHS Grant No. U27RH01080
Gale, John A. MS; Coburn, Andrew F. PhD; and Loux, Stephanie MS, "Creating Progam Logic Models: A Toolkit for State Flex Programs" (2006). Population Health and Health Policy. 20.